Sunset Over the Mekong River

Friday, December 25, 2020

White Christmas

The other day I was dreaming about dreaming about a White Christmas. Then I noticed it was on Netflix. The movie, White Christmas, that is. So after a brief hiatus (the last time I saw the movie I think all the original cast were still in show business) we watched the movie. I think it was the first time Ingrid saw the movie.

I long since stopped associating Christmas with snow. Palm trees are a fine substitute for spruce and fir, in my mind. And if the evergreen tree outside my front door happens to be a mango, that's okay, too.

Many years we've had our white Christmas due to the fog. And I was hopeful because we've had some really thick, persistent fog earlier this week—even hanging out into the evening so much so that we couldn't see the "Christmas Star" phenomenon on Monday. But then, the Grinch conspired against us with a low pressure system to take away our white Christmas.

So he thought.

Because I found a White Christmas in our front yard. No shovels, blowers or baby Deeres needed (that last one is for my cousin).

Chrysanthemum sp. Asteraceae 5
White Chrysanthemum


Rosa sp. Rosaceae - white rose 2
White Rose


Narcissus sp. Liliaceae-Daffodil 2
White Narcissus



Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment